Here's what immersion academy offers
In 2017, Immersion Academy will offer students from the following universities an expense-paid, two-day experience to explore the fresh produce industry and chart an exciting career path:
- Auburn University
- Illinois State
- Indiana University
- Oregon State
- University of Kentucky
- University of Maryland
- University of Nebraska
- University of Washington – Seattle
The event features presentations by business leaders, career prep and plenty of networking, including:
- An overview of the fresh produce/floral industry and its different disciplines
- An introduction to the many career opportunities in the industry
- Presentations on food safety, supply chain/logistics, production, marketing, technology/engineering
- Speed interviewing
- Interview coaching
- Opening reception, lunch ’n’ learn sessions, breakfast networking
- Connections with leaders in the industry
- Inspiration for each student’s career path
Students: Cultivate Your Opportunity
Are you a student from one of the above-mentioned universities who wants to learn more about the employment options the fresh produce and floral industry offers? Want to network with leaders now, before you graduate?
The food business is growing at what experts call “an astonishing pace.” One of its most dynamic segments? The fresh produce industry.
From apples to zucchini—to the bouquet of flowers on the table—produce and floral are big business.
You don’t have to be a master chef to have a career in food. There are exciting opportunities in the fresh produce and floral industry, including jobs in:
- Production, research and development
- Food safety, environmental and sustainability initiatives
- Engineering and technology related to production and workflow
- Transportation, logistics and supply chain management
- Sales and marketing to restaurant operators, food retailers and consumers
Is Immersion Academy Right For You?
- You’re a college senior still weighing your career options
- You’re interested in any aspect of fresh produce and flowers—how they’re grown, produced, transported, delivered and sold
- You love exploring new possibilities and developing strong business relationships
- You want a fulfilling career that offers opportunities for advancement
- You aspire to make a difference in people’s lives
Yep, Immersion Academy *is* right for you!
Ask your career placement office or academic advisor for more information about how you can attend Immersion Academy. Or submit this application, and a Center for Growing Talent by PMA representative will contact you.
If your university is not represented and you are interested in learning more or have any questions, contact Megan Nash, Program Director, Center for Growing Talent by PMA: MNash@growingtalentbypma.org; +1 (302) 607-2160